SAGE APCs for open access journals
ABOUT THE AGREEMENT
SAGE offers waived or discounted Article Processing Charges (APCs) for authors from EIFL partner countries when they publish in a SAGE fully Open Access non-society journal.
Terms & Conditions
The agreement is valid for SAGE owned fully open access titles. The agreement excludes SAGE branded Open Access Journals that are owned by societies, where societies have not given their permission to offer discounts on APCs. The agreement excludes The Journal of Medical International Research. The agreement does not include APCs for publishing articles in hybrid journals.
Below are the agreed terms:
- Waived article processing charges - no fees for authors from: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Botswana, Congo, Ethiopia, Fiji, Georgia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lesotho, Malawi, Maldives, Moldova, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, North Macedonia, Palestine, Senegal, Serbia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Conditions: The waiver is available to corresponding authors from one of the eligible countries.
- 20% discount for corresponding authors from: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovenia
Conditions: The discount is available to corresponding authors from institutions that have a current subscription to one of the SAGE journals packages offered via EIFL.
Current subscribers include:
- Estonia: Academic Library of Tallinn University, Tartu University Library, Tallinn University of Technology
- Latvia: University of Latvia, Riga Stradins University
- Lithuania: Kaunas University of Technology, Klaipeda University, LCC International University, Lithuanian Library of Medicine, Lithuanian Sports University, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, Mykolas Romeris University, Šiauliai University, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Vilnius University, Vytautas Magnus University
- Slovenia: Univerza na Primorskem, Narodna in Univerzitetna Knjiznica, University of Maribor, Scientific Research Centre of the Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Art, Urban Planning Institute for the Republic of Slovenia, Educational Research Institute, Institute for Ethnic Studies, Institute of Oncology Ljubljana, European Faculty of Law
This discount cannot be combined with any other, such as Society discounts, promotional discounts or prepaid order discounts. If the author is entitled to or claims multiple discounts, the highest single discount will be applied.
How does it work
The waiver or discount is automatically applied as SAGE’s system will automatically recognise eligible author’s affiliation to eligible countries. Once the paper has been accepted for publication, authors are sent to the acceptance and payment page, where they accept the publisher's terms & conditions, and review their payment information which will automatically show the discounted or waived APC - provided the conditions are met.
If the waiver or discount has not been applied, please email APCqueries@sagepub.com and the SAGE team will correct the amount.
How do I know the exact cost of the discounted APC?
You can check the full list price APC on each journal’s website. This title list includes a URL for each journal. On the journal website, click on the link for “Submit Paper” and then “Article Processing Charges”. You will need to calculate a 20% discount.
In case you find a reduced APC price on the journal website (a promotional discount) which is higher than 20%, then you should use the promotional discount and not the EIFL discount.
How can I find journals that are included in the offer?
You can view the title list here and browse it by subject. The title list also includes journals that do not charge any Article Processing Charges. This title list will be updated twice a year, no later than 31st July and 31st January each year. The current list was confirmed on 12th August 2020.
Journals that are newly transitioned to open access will automatically be included in the agreement, provided they are fully open access and are owned by SAGE (not societies).
Business Management, Communication & Media Studies, Education, Engineering and Material Sciences, Health Sciences, Politics & International Relations, Psychology, Research Methods & Evaluation, Science, Technology and Medicine, Social Science, Sociology
WHERE ELSE CAN I PUBLISH IN OPEN ACCESS?
Click on your country below to get the full list of all the journals that EIFL has negotiated terms for open access publishing.
Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Botswana, China, Congo, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Georgia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Lithuania, Malawi, Maldives, Moldova, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, North Macedonia, Palestine, Senegal, Serbia, Slovenia, Sudan, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Zambia, Zimbabwe