Cambridge University Press APCs for open access publishing
ABOUT THE AGREEMENT
EIFL has negotiated waived and discounted Article Processing Charges (APCs) for authors from EIFL partner countries when they publish in one of the 41 eligible Cambridge University Press fully open access (gold) journal during 2021.
In addition, authors from the below affiliated institutions in Estonia, Fiji, Latvia, Lithuania, Palestine and Moldova, where consortia have signed a read & publish agreement, can publish their articles for free in open access in the 332 hybrid journals and the 41 fully open access journals from Cambridge University Press:
- Estonia: Tartu University, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonian Uni of Life Sciences, Tallinn University, or Estonian Academy of Music & Theatre.
- Fiji: Fiji National University
- Latvia: Daugavpils University, Liepaja University, National Library of Latvia
- Lithuania: Vilnius University, Vytautas Magnus University (until 31 Dec 2021)
- Moldova: “Alecu Russo” State University of Balti, “Bogdan Petriceicu Hașdeu” State University of Cahul, “Grigore Țamblac” State University of Taraclia, „Ion Creangă” State Pedagogical University, Academy “Stefan cel Mare” of Ministry of Internal Affairs, Academy of Economic Studies of Moldova, Academy of Music, Theatre and Fine Arts, Academy of Public Administration, Comrat State University from Moldova, Free International University of Moldova, Moldovan State Institute of International Relations, State Agrarian University of Moldova, State University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Nicolae, Testemitanu”, State University of Moldova, State University of Physical Education and Sport, State University of Tiraspol, Technical University of Moldova, Trade Co-operative University of Moldova
- Palestine: Birzeit University, An-Najah University, Al Quds University (limited to 2 articles per institution)
TERMS & CONDITIONS for apc waiver & discounts for gold
Below are the agreed terms for publishing in a Cambridge University Press fully open access (gold) journal:
- Waived article processing charges - no fees for corresponding authors from: Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lesotho, Malawi, Myanmar, Moldova, Nepal, Senegal, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- 50% discount for corresponding authors from: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Botswana, Fiji, Georgia, Kosovo, Maldives, Namibia, North Macedonia, Palestine, Serbia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
- Article types covered: research article, review article, rapid communication, brief report, case.
- Article types NOT covered: Book reviews, Discussions, Editorials, Introductions, Letters, Meeting reports, Proceedings
- For definitions of the above visit this page.
HOW DOES IT WORK - apc waivers & discounts for gold
For authors eligible for APC waivers and discounts when publishing in a fully open access (gold) journal, once the completed licence to publish form has been received authors will receive an email from Rightslink-CCC, who work on Cambridge’s behalf to collect Article Processing Charges (APCs). All authors must complete this process. Within the Rightslink process, authors may select ‘Apply Discounts’. Corresponding Authors from eligible countries should select their country and select ‘Apply Discounts’. They will then be returned to an updated version of the charges page, where the net total will be updated to reflect the waiver.
HOW DOES IT WORK - read & publisH
For authors from institutions or consortia that have signed up to read & publish, waivers of APCs will be automatically applied if the institution/consortium has chosen the touch free work flow. For institutions/consortia that have not chosen the touch free work flow, authors need to select ‘Apply Discounts’ within the Rightslink process.
HOW DO I KNOW THE EXACT COST OF THE DISCOUNTED APC?
This title list shows the full price of the APC of each title. You will have to reduce the price by 50%.
You can also double check this by clicking on “Download our full list of APC charges” on this Cambridge University Press website page in case the APC has changed since the title list was last updated (30th Nov 2020).
HOW CAN I FIND JOURNALS THAT ARE INCLUDED IN THE OFFER?
You can view the title list here and browse it by subject. This title list will be updated twice a year, no later than 31st July and 31st January each year. The current list was confirmed on 30th November 2020. Please note this list includes fully open access as well as hybrid journals, which are not included in the offer for all countries. For country-specific title lists, please see below 'Where else can I publish in open access?'
Agriculture, Biology and Biomedical Sciences, Business, Classics, Computer Science, Earth & Atmospheric Science, Ecology & Conservation, Economics, Engineering, History & Philosophy of Science, Law, Mathematics, Medical Policy, Medicine, Neuroscience, Nutrition, Physical Science, Plant Science, Psychology & Psychiatry
WHERE ELSE CAN I PUBLISH IN OPEN ACCESS?
Click on your country below to get the full list of all the journals that EIFL has negotiated terms for open access publishing.
Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Botswana, China, Congo, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Georgia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Lithuania, Malawi, Maldives, Moldova, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, North Macedonia, Palestine, Senegal, Serbia, Slovenia, Sudan, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Contact us if you have questions at email@example.com