Urkund plagiarism checker
ABOUT THE AGREEMENT
Urkund is a plagiarism detection system that offers a fully-automated system for handling plagiarism. Plagiarism refers to the copying of someone else's material and using it as if it were one's own work, without citing a quotation or stating a source.
Urkund matches submitted text against material from three source areas: 1) The internet 2) Previously submitted student texts (over 23 million) 3) Publisher's content: Urkund has formed strategic partnerships with a number of leading information providers
HOW IT WORKS
STUDENTS - Students send their documents via e-mail, web upload or LMS integration to their teachers/professors. With the e-mail and web upload option, no software needs to be installed.
Urkund - When the documents arrive at Urkund, they are analysed against the content of three source areas: content published on the internet, publisher's content, and student material. When the analyses are finished, the documents and generated reports are forwarded to the teachers.
TEACHERS - The result of the analyses and the student documents are forwarded to the teacher's e-mail address of choice, straight into an LMS or the Urkund web-based inbox. The analysis overview contains the necessary information for the teacher to determine if plagiarism has occurred.
- Easy to use: Urkund does not require any software installation, use of complex interfaces or login to a website; neither for the student nor the teacher. This means that the service is very easy to use and introduce into an organization.
- Less work involved: Urkund's system automatically checks all submitted documents with no extra effort required on the part of the teacher.
- Discovery: Urkund screens all submitted documents at every instance of submission. This maximizes the discovery rate.
- Preventing plagiarism: Urkund has a very strong preventative effect. Implementing a system like Urkund sends a clear signal that plagiarism is unacceptable and that the resources to address the problem are in place.
- Urkund works for any language as long as the text is Unicode compliant, also cyrillic characters. Arabic works too but the layout is left to right.
- The results of the Urkund analysis is presented in an interactive report. The report is presented in a quick and easy overview with visual aids that help users identify those findings that need closer examination. Users still get detailed views for each finding side-by-side, and can drill into the specific sources matched, or scroll through the full document with findings highlighted.
New features that are being developed and released in the near future are cross-language detection, author identification, and a new UI for the web portal.
- The URSA Minor administrative module allows administrators to get a general view of how much Urkund is being used within the organization. URSA Minor also gives the administrator the opportunity to create new accounts for new members of staff, remove former colleagues’ accounts and send out log-in details to colleagues who have misplaced their own. View the guide on how to use URSA Minor.
- Urkund can be integrated with Moodle the world’s foremost open source Learning Management System/Virtual Learning Environment (or other LMS/VLEs). Read more about the integration with Moodle here.
- Take a look at a sample report
- Training webinar, 28th November 2019 - watch the recording , view the introductory slides
- Urkund support
- Urkund Quick start guide
- New User Interface analysis report guide and video
- Urkund master class: duplicates - How to manage hits in duplicates, versions, drafts or other undesired sources without deleting anything