ABOUT THE AGREEMENT
RemoteXs is a cloud-based service that provides a single portal for accessing a variety of e-content, remote access authentication with one login for all content, the allocation of fixed IP addresses for institutions, and usage statistics for all e-resources. RemoteXs can be used on a variety of devices, including tablets and smartphones.
RemoteXs helps academics, researchers and students to find and use e-resources licensed by the library or library consortium.
It can be a solution for smaller institutions without IT staff.
- Customized web portal for each library, with links to subscribed e-content. E-resources can be grouped by subject, or type, A-Z, or by user group.
- Zero IT infrastructure cost: IP address allocation, customer support including web chat, no IT skills required. Automated data back-up.
- Inbuilt Authentication System: one login for all content.
- Administrator dashboard allows control of access rights and provides access to detailed usage statistics: statistics by user group, by resource; administrators can add e-resources for example a new list of journals.
- Device compatibility: RemoteXs works on all devices, including laptops, tablets and mobile phones.
- Data download limit for end-users, robotic downloads prevention, auto-check for system abuse.
- Integrated e-Mail services allows administrator to easily send system generated email messages (like a welcome email, password reset, custom messages, usage statistics etc) to all or select user categories and publishers
ELIGIBLE COUNTRIESAlbania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Botswana, Congo, Côte d'Ivoire, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Georgia, Ghana, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Lithuania, Malawi, Maldives, Moldova, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, North Macedonia, Palestine, Senegal, Serbia, Slovenia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Zambia, Zimbabwe