This webinar (36 minutes), jointly organized by EIFL and Open Library of Humanities, introduces features of the free, open source journal and press management platform, Janeway, that was developed by the UK-based Birkbeck Centre for Technology and Publishing.
Presenters Dr Rose Harris-Birtill, Editorial Officer, Open Library of Humanities, and Andy Byers and Mauro Sanchez, Senior Publishing Technology Developers at Birkbeck, discuss the structure and development of Janeway, and how it can be used for peer review, copyediting, production and proofing, crossref DOIs and more.
They highlight the following features -
- Janeway is written in Python 3, using the Django web application framework
- Janeway’s flexible peer review workflow that includes customizable forms and review via Hypothesis annotations;
- Pre-packaged themes in popular css frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation & Materialize)
- Public REST API so that you could build your own front end outside of the Janeway ecosystem
- Press platform with news, billing (consortium), books and journal
- management & preprints
The platform was developed to support the goals of the Open Library of Humanities.
Download the PowerPoint presentation here.