ABOUT THE RESOURCE
During this webinar, Clive Wright, Director of Discovery Products for Latin America and Europe at EBSCO Information Services, shares the feedback from librarians about discovery services. He goes over different steps involved in choosing a discovery service, explains the impact of a discovery service implementation, and shows some of the features and benefits of the EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS). His presentation tries to answer the following questions:
- What is a Discovery Service?
- Why does my library need a Discovery Service?
- What does a DS look like?
- How do you evaluate a Discovery Service?
- What are the basic features of a discovery tool?
- What are other libraries doing in the EIFL network?
Clive's presentation is followed by Irina Pak from the American University in Central Asia in Kyrgyzstan who talks about their library's experience using EDS.
- Clive Wright's presentation from EBSCO: View Part 1 - View Part 2
- Irina Pak's presentation from the American University of Central Asia, Kyrgyzstan
- The EIFL General Assembly 2013 Presentation on Discovery Services gives an overview of key products and helps to identify the right Discovery Service for your library