ABOUT THE RESOURCE
In this joint SPARC Europe and EIFL webinar (two hours), experts from several institutions and organizations address issues related to copyright policy action for open access, giving different angles and perspectives.
International research funder presentations
- Johan Rooryck and Sally Rumsey (cOAlition S) talk about the Rights Retention Strategy: cOAlition S and beyond.
- Alea Lopez de San Roman (European Commission) presents Open Science and copyright in Horizon Europe.
National policymakers’ presentations
- Niamh Brennan (Trinity College Dublin) and Susan Reilly (University College Dublin) give a presentation titled ‘Authors/Institutions are encouraged to retain copyright.…’ Ireland’s National Open Research Forum and the copyright retention challenge.
- Arjan Schalken (UKBsis) shares lessons learned from the ‘You Share, We Take Care’ project: Using the Dutch Copyright Act to speed up open access.
- Chris Banks (Imperial College London) talks about Academic Rights Retention: maintaining choice and restraining costs.
- Brigitte Vezina (Creative Commons) speaks about Unlocking scientific information in the public interest.
The webinar ends with a panel discussion: Where does policy need to align? Facilitated by Vanessa Proudman (SPARC Europe) and Iryna Kuchma, EIFL Open Access Programme Manager.
See the slides: https://zenodo.org/record/4600688