ABOUT THE RESOURCE
The FOSTER (Facilitating Open Science Training for European Research) Recommendations on open science training build on the FOSTER Open Science Training Handbook for open science instructors and trainers, released in April 2018, and over 40 online and face-to-face training events that FOSTER organized in 2017-2018.
Written for researchers, research support staff and librarians, the Recommendations include -
- A selection of open science topics to include in your training;
- Useful tips on how to plan training based on outcomes rather than objectives;
- An overview of different types of training based on audience size, funds available, duration of training and training levels;
- A task checklist for organizations doing training;
- Exercises and engaging activities for training events;
- Recommendations on train-the-trainer approaches, to increase numbers of open science trainers;
- A roadmap for implementing open science training practices in research institutions, suggesting six practical actions to support a cultural change towards open science;
- Examples of FOSTER open science training events in the life sciences, social sciences and humanities to help people planning training.
EIFL is a partner in the FOSTER project and is responsible for coordinating all training activities for the project.