ABOUT THE RESOURCE
EIFL and Open Book Publishers (OBP), a leading scholar-led open access (OA) book publisher, hosted a discussion with librarians and researchers about the creation and usage of OA books. Lucy Barnes, Editor and Outreach Coordinator, and Laura Rodriguez, Marketing and Library Relations Officer at OBP, lead the discussion addressed the following questions:
- What OA book formats are most useful to you and your library users?
- How can we facilitate greater usage of OA books within your research and student communities?
Discovery and metadata
- How does your library discover and engage with OA books?
- How would you like OA books to be delivered?
- Metadata – is there a format other than MARC records that would be useful for you?
Creating OA books
- How much are authors interested in publishing OA books and chapters?
- How do we build engagement with authors/researchers around the creation and use of OA books?