The Digital Curation Centre in collaboration with Jisc and UKRI will host the 17th Research Data Alliance (RDA) Plenary Meeting, ‘Opening data for global challenges’. Themes include global challenges, global mechanisms for data reuse, and global cooperation to achieve sustainable solutions with benefits for all.
The plenary will highlight several research use cases around global collaboration to address grand challenges:
- How can we ensure global participation in the creation, relevance and use of mechanisms (technical and social) for data interchange?
- How can technology lower barriers to uptake - and when might it create barriers?
- What means can we create to overcome non-technical barriers to uptake, be they formal (such as legislation and workflows) or informal, behavioural ones?
- How do RDA values encourage diversity and safeguard the interests of all, rather than favouring privileged groups?
- How can global fora speed up research into crises such as COVID-19, climate change and biodiversity?
Iryna Kuchma, EIFL Open Access Programme Manager, will contribute to the following plenary sessions:
- Professionalizing data stewardship: business case, terminology & organizational models
- Reducing barriers to and increasing global participation in data interchange through advancing discovery, access, and reusability of research data management (RDM) training resources
- Community participation and the RDA COVID-19 Recommendations and Guidelines
See the full programme.