Thinking about designing a course for data stewards? Join us for a morning (virtual) coffee with Monika Bargmann and Tereza Kalová from the University of Vienna who will share their experiences with developing and running the certificate course “Data Steward” - an overview of modules and contents, peer-to-peer learning approaches, initial curriculum review at data stewardship workshops and other tips.
When: Apr 4, 2023 09:00-10:00 CEST
Register in advance for this meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcofu6srD4pE9bHkUiWtU-RR0TubOSDey3C
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Please create your calendar invite.
Certificate Course “Data Steward”: The Basics
- Academic degree: Certificate of the University of Vienna.
- Language: English.
- Course objectives: Competence acquisition; peer-to-peer learning and community building.
- Duration and scope: 2 semesters part-time, 15 ECTS credits; blended learning - the modules are split into 2 to 8-hour sessions taught by experts from Austria and other European countries.
- Target groups: People with research experience and research support staff that want to work as data stewards at research institutions.
- Part of the continuing education program of the Postgraduate Center of the University of Vienna
- The course consists of five obligatory modules:
Module 1 (2 ECTS): Basics of Research Data Management (RDM) and Open Science
Module 2 (3 ECTS): Basics of IT and Data Science
Module 3 (6 ECTS): FAIR Research Data in the Research Data Lifecycle
Module 4 (2 ECTS): RDM Support
Module 5 (2 ECTS): Data Stewardship in Practice: Project Work
The coffee break is hosted by EIFL.