(mas.ac.mn/index.php?lang=mn) Mongolian Academy of Sciences, Mongolian Libraries Consortium, Books for Asia (The Asia Foundation Mongolia) and Books for Mongolia (American Center for Mongolian studies) will host a seminar “Open access: knowledge sharing and sustainable scholarly communication in Mongolia” on December 11, 2014.
The objectives of the seminar is to bring together stakeholders from academic and research institutions to discuss and lay strategies for open access adoption to address the following challenges:
- How to maximize the visibility of research publications and improve the quality, impact and influence of research?
- How to disseminate the research results in the most efficient way?
- Publishing open access journals and open access books, developing open access repositories and synergies with other forms of openness (open data, open educational resources, open cultural heritage).
- Promoting the adoption of open access policies.
- Benefits and strategies for collective advocacy of open access to research results.
- How to start and the best approaches to collaborative promotion of open access in Mongolia.
EIFL Open Access Programme Manager Iryna Kuchma will attend and will speak at the event.