Event Date: 30 Nov 2022
EIFL will present at an IFLA webinar for librarians in Sub-Saharan Africa on the role of librarians in copyright issues, and how to engage in and around events at WIPO (the World Intellectual Property Organization).
The webinar titled, ‘Engaging meaningfully in WIPO: does it matter for librarians in Sub-Saharan Africa?’ is organized by the IFLA (International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions) Sub-Saharan Africa Regional Division.
- Date and time: 30 November, 14:00 Central African Time (CAT).
- To register: Click here (Zoom registration page)
Topics to be covered are -
- Introduction to WIPO, presenter Teresa Hackett, EIFL Copyright and Libraries Programme Manager
- How to engage in WIPO, presenter Dick Kawooya, EIFL Coordinator of Copyright Advocacy in Africa, Right to Research Project
- Developing a draft plan to engage in WIPO, Stephen Wyber, Manager, Policy and Advocacy, IFLA
In addition to presentations, participants will have an opportunity to develop a draft advocacy plan to engage with WIPO issues in their own country.
SHARE / PRINT
EIFL to participate in a workshop on the EOSC(...)
05 Jun 2023 - 07 Jun 2023
EIFL to attend the 16th Berlin Open Access Co(...)
06 Jun 2023 - 07 Jun 2023
EIFL hosts an online discussion on e-accessib(...)
07 Jun 2023
EIFL to participate in the 18th International(...)
12 Jun 2023 - 15 Jun 2023