The 2021 EIFL General Assembly (GA) took place online, from 20 - 21 October. This is the second year that the GA, normally an in-person event hosted by an EIFL partner country, has taken place online because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The first day of the GA was a public session. The second day was reserved for EIFL coordinators. We look forward to a time when we can meet coordinators from our partner countries and our publisher partners in person again.
20 OCTOBER EIFL PROGRAMME UPDATES
Presentations by EIFL Programme Managers
Watch a full length recording of the presentations on EIFL YouTube (length 1h 52min), or click on the links below to see a PDF of each presentation, and view each recording (about 10 minutes each) separately:
- EIFL Highlights: Rima Kupryte, Director, EIFL (go to recording)
- EIFL Copyright and Libraries Programme (EIFL-IP): Teresa Hackett, EIFL-IP Manager (go to recording)
- EIFL Negotiations and Licensing Programme (EIFL-Licensing): Romy Beard, EIFL-Licensing Manager (go to recording)
- EIFL Open Access Programme (EIFL-OA): Iryna Kuchma, EIFL-OA Manager (go to recording)
- EIFL Public Library Innovation Programme (EIFL-PLIP): Ramune Petuchovaite, EIFL-PLIP Manager (go to recording)
- Q & A Session
21 OCTOBER EIFL COORDINATORS’ MEETING
There were two networking meetings for EIFL Country Coordinators.
In the first meeting, on the impact of COVID-19 on library services, EIFL Country Coordinators discussed the impact of COVID-19 on library services in their countries and shared ideas and experiences in overcoming challenges.
The second meeting was on ‘Equitable opportunities for publishing in open access’. Discussion centred on EIFL’s open access agreements, and whether these work for authors in EIFL partner countries, to make publishing in open access more fair.