ABOUT THE AGREEMENT
OpenEdition Freemium for Journals is a bundle of 184 journals in the Humanities and Social Sciences, published by university presses and small academic publishers. The journals are available in HTML, PDF and ePUB and allow for perpetual access (archival rights).
In 2017, the journal Sociologie du Travail, previously in Science Direct (Elsevier), was included in the collection. Other prestigious titles are Cybergeo, one of first geographical journals on the web (1996), Vertigo, a multidisciplinary journal on environmental sciences (from Canada), and Nuevo Mundo Mundos Nuevos, about America Latina in four languages (French, Spanish, English, Portuguese).
About 80% of the publications are in French, and half of the journals publish regularly in more than one language. Other main languages are English, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.
The freemium journal bundle is updated each year on 1 January. New titles for 2023 are: Alter, European Journal of Disability Research (Sociology, Psychology, Educational sciences, Disability), IdeAs (Social sciences, Society, America, Interdisciplinary), Images du travail, travail des images (Art, History, Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Law, Multidisciplinary, Sociology of work, Social anthropology, Labour history, Visual studies), La revue de la BNU (Humanities, Information Science & Library Science, Social Sciences, Interdisciplinary, History and sociology of the book, Representation, Heritage) and Revue internationale des études du développement (Sociology of work, Demography, Social anthropology, Migration, immigration, minorities, Geography: society and territory, Economic development, Political sociology).
Humanities, social sciences
- Available formats: ePUB, PDF, HTML - no DRM, no restrictions on download quota
- Various tools for users: customize font, send article by e-mail, print, cite the article (DOI provided), find other articles from the same author, share the bibliographic record by social media, crosslinking (citation, OpenEdition review of Books, bibliographic record generator)
- Information for users and librarians: unlimited alerts and subscriptions, RSS feeds, search engine and catalogues
- Customer support from a technical support team and a dedicated contact person
- On-site training or via web conference
- Institutional personalization: institution logo on the OpenEdition webpage (or by default EIFL’s logo), institution logo on all PDFs and ePUBs
- Data supplies and services: OAI-PMH repository, OPML, Calenda Webservice, Coverage list, Kbart data or equivalent, DOI, Z3950 server, MARC21 & UNIMARC catalogue records
- Referencing in the major discovery tools and in public catalogues
- Dashboard for librarians with usage statistics, including COUNTER, and SUSHI protocol
- Download 2023 title list
- View list of journals online (including bonus titles)
- View OpenEditions leaflet about the collection