ABOUT THE AGREEMENT
ASTM Compass is a vast collection of industry-leading standards and technical information. Delivered online it is an essential resource for any technical university, library or Research & Development centre.
ASTM Compass includes access to a full collection of ASTM's industry-leading standards, 1,700 technical e-books, 8 journals and assorted research information. Used by over 2,000 universities worldwide including 90% of The Times Higher Education's Top 100 universities it is a key resource for undergraduate students, professors/teaching staff, post graduates and researchers.
Students with a knowledge and understanding of standards have a real advantage over those who do not. Standards are the foundation of most of the industry sectors they will be joining when they begin their careers.
Please note that some countries are eligible for an abstract-only version of ASTM Compass.
ASTM Compass covers a vast range of subjects including (but not limited to) aerospace, chemical, civil engineering, environmental, geological, health and safety, mechanical, nuclear, petroleum, soil science, materials science, laboratory testing and solar.
- Bibliographic information & abstracts for all ASTM publications:
- 13,500+ active ASTM standards; approximately 45% are test methods which are supported by scientific and statistical studies. Available in both PDF and HTML
- 42,600+ historical standards and 2,400 withdrawn standards
- 8 journals - 123,000+ pages– all articles peer reviewed
- The latest engineering research from ASTM Symposia (eBooks). 29,000 papers all peer reviewed
- Key features:
- Updated daily
- Simple and advanced searching
- Create favourites, bookmarks and annotate standards
- Multi language interface – 10 languages, including French, Portuguese, Russian and Arabic
- Comparison tool shows variances between versions of the same standard
- Receive alerts when updates published
- 24/7 access including remote access via Shibboleth and OpenAthens
- No simultaneous user limits (no lock outs)
- View, download & print (for full text version only)
- Membership of ASTM is free for students, join online at here
- Requires user registration and sign in
- (astm.org/astm-portals.html) Product information site
- ASTM product presentation (used in the webinar)
- Watch the recording of the ASTM product training webinar (16 Feb 2017)
- Customer login