This EIFL webinar will cover subscription cancellations and alternative access options. Our guest speakers Colleen Campbell, Partner Development at OA2020, and Britt-Marie Wideberg, Coordinator of Bibsam, the Consortium of University and Research Libraries of Sweden, will discuss why the libraries and consortia decided to cancel some of their journal subscriptions, how they secured stakeholder buy-in for the cancellation, how they planned for it, and how they communicated it to users - and what alternative access options are available to their users.
The webinar will cover:
- Motivation and rationale for the cancellation
- Assessing potential demand for access after cancellation
- Stakeholder alignment and support for the cancellation
- Alternative access options
- Communication to users
- Post-cancellation: How are users, libraries and consortia coping?