EIFL and our partner consortium in Ghana, the Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Ghana (CARLIGH), are co-hosting a webinar on ORCID and what it offers librarians and researchers.
- Date and time: 3 September 2020, 11am GMT
- Registration: Click here to register
ORCID is part of the wider digital infrastructure needed for researchers to share information on a global scale. ORCID enables transparent and trustworthy connections between researchers, their contributions, and affiliations by providing an identifier for individuals to use with their name as they engage in research, scholarship, and innovation activities.
ORCID invites all researchers to participate without entry fees or maintenance costs. ORCID recognizes that first and foremost, individuals own their record. You may be asking yourself:
- How can I ensure credit and recognition for all of my work?
- How can I maintain the control and privacy of my own scholarly profile?
- How can I minimize time-consuming administrative and reporting requirements?
- How can I avoid re-entering the same data every time I apply for a grant? When I move?
- Who are other experts in this field? How can I locate collaborators?
Join this webinar to find out more about ORCID benefits, tips and tricks for researchers and librarians. You will learn more about:
- ORCID user interface;
- ORCID Registry - open, non-proprietary, transparent, and mobile;
- ‘Search & Link’ wizards;
- Automatic update with Crossref and DataCite;
- Interoperability with other identifiers and metadata quality.
There will be plenty of time for discussion and we look forward to your participation.