Are you based in one of our partner countries and want to strengthen your open science training skills? Join our virtual open science train-the-trainer bootcamp - a five half-day course from 30 January - 3 February 2023.
We expect from you some basic knowledge of open access and our course learning objectives will be to:
- Be able to communicate why open science is an issue that researchers can't afford to ignore.
- Be able to explain how to go about making research more open.
- Be able to explain how to progress a research career through practicing open science.
- Understand how to communicate and teach (pedagogy) open access publishing, research data management, open data and open science to researchers and students.
- Become confident and better equipped in being able to deal with difficult questions.
- Be able to plan training activities.
- Be aware of best practices in training design for online, face to face and hybrid events.
- Understand how to work with diverse audiences.
- Know how to evaluate the impact of training.
- Know how to make training materials FAIR (Finable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable).
We plan to accept 40 applicants who will learn and work together on engaging open science training.
Who should attend?
We are looking for librarians, research support staff and other professionals who are planning to deliver open science training to researchers and students and who are based in one of our partner countries.
We will use the following evaluation criteria when assessing your application, so please try to provide as many details as possible!
- Potential and motivation to conduct open science training in your institution or country - 50%.
- Previous experience as a trainer, particularly on topics related to open access and open science- 50%.
Will there be any expenses?
This course will be free, however, participants are expected to commit five half-days for the duration of the course - on January 30 - February 3, 2023!
Deadlines and timeline
- Deadline for applications: December 19th, 2022
- Results announcement: December 23rd, 2022
- Bootcamp: January 30 - February 3, 2023
Bootcamp instructors: Jonathan England, Iryna Kuchma, Milica Ninković, Irena Nježić, Ljiljana Radisavljević, Milica Ševkušić and Obrad Vučkovac