ABOUT THE E-RESOURCE
Cambridge Journals Online offers access to a multidisciplinary collection of 384 leading journals, including over 200 published on behalf of learned and professional societies.
In 2017, an additional 20 journals were added to Cambridge Journals Online, covering the subjects of Law, Plant Science, Anthropology & Archeology, and others.
Cambridge Journals are recognized globally for their quality, scope and editorial integrity. Many are the leading journals in their fields and together they form one of the most valuable and comprehensive collections of research available today.
Cambridge Journals Online covers a broad range of subjects across the humanities, social sciences and science, including: anthropology, archaeology, area studies, art, astronomy, chemistry, classical studies, computer science, drama and theatre, earth and environmental sciences, economics, education, engineering, English language Teaching, film, media, mass communication, general science, geography, history, language and linguistics, law, life sciences, literature, management, materials science, mathematics, medicine, music, nutrition, philosophy, physics, politics and international relations, psychology, religion, sociology, statistics and probability
- The Complete Collection includes access to 384 online journals for 2017, including back files
- Smaller subject-focused packages are also available (number of journals correct as at November 2016):
- Humanities and Social Sciences Collection – 252 journals
- Science, Technology and Medicine Collection – 163 journals
- Medical Collection - 69 journals
- Free access to back issues (not including the Digital Archive) for the duration of the deal - for most journals these files extend back to 1997
- Almost 60% of titles are indexed by Thomson Reuters - 161 journals are indexed in the Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI) and the Science Citation Index (SCI) with a further 46 titles indexed only in the Arts & Humanities Index
- Behavioral and Brain Sciences is placed top of the entire Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI)
- American Political Science Review, Behavioral and Brain Sciences, Journal of Economic History, World Politics, and Microscopy & Microanalysis are all ranked number 1 in their categories
- Powerful search engine, which provides full-text searching throughout the database, and offers the advantages of Boolean searching
- Access via Athens and Shibboleth as well as via IP address
- A mobile version (which also requires less bandwidth) is now available
- COUNTER 3 compliant usage statistics
- Citation links to CrossRef, PubMed and Google Scholar
- Perpetual access to paid for content
- All content is with OCLC to ensure long term availability - agreements are due with PORTICO
- Excellent quality and value as shown by the 2008 LISU Pricing and Quality Survey – journals from Cambridge University Press were found to have the lowest median prices per impact factor for the majority of the period surveyed (2000-6), as well as the lowest monetary price increases year on year