ABOUT THE RESOURCE
Presented at IFLA-WLIC 2014 (the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions World Library and Information Congress), this EIFL poster showcases six winners of the EIFL Public Library Innovation Award for Creative use of ICT. The winners are -
- Colombia – Biblioteca Publica San Javier-La Loma. The public library’s online mapping project makes their community visible online.
- Croatia - Rijeka City Library, whose interactive online magazine has led to an explosion of creativity among young writers and artists.
- Estonia – Tallinn Central Library, which has developed and pioneered an e-book lending service in Estonia.
- Kenya - kenya national library service won the award for two public library programmes which use ICT to support education in remote areas.
- Poland – Olsztyn Municipal Public Library, whose ICT lab enables people to compose music, produce movies, make moving robots, and much more.
- Romania - Pietrari Local Public Library, which uses ICT to help overweight members of their community to get back in shape.